The 4th edition of the Roca International Design Contest Jump the Gap is underway
The London 100% Design Exhibition, one of the most important international calendar events in the world of design finished yesterday. Roca was present at the exhibition with their space entitled ‘The Wave’.
At the event, Roca presented the 4th edition of the International Design Contest Jump the Gap and opened the registration process for entries to the competition. The prime objective of this Roca initiative is to support young talent throughout the world and offer the winning project and its author the possibility of achieving international recognition. As in previous years, this edition has an exceptional judges’ panel comprised of leading figures from the world of design and architecture:Read more...
The We Are Water Foundation will launch several projects aimed at improving the management of water resources with different NGOs
The filmmaker Isabel Coixet will collaborate in the We Are Water Foundation’s first initiative with a documentary about the drastic reduction of the Aral Sea.
The film will be projected in the documentary section of the San Sebastian Film Festival next September 21st. Read more...
Innovative and creative brick architecture recognised for the fourth consecutive time
• First Prize goes to the new State Forum and Parliament building of the Principality of Liechtenstein (Hansjörg Göritz Architecture Studio)
• Documentation Centre for Human Rights in New Delhi receives Second Prize (Anagram Architects)
• Single family house in Germany awarded Third Prize (Nikolaus Bienefeld)
• Special Prize awarded for infrastructure buildings in Mali and the Museum of Architecture for the Island of Hombroich Foundation in Germany (Álvaro Siza, Rudolf Finsterwalder)
• More than 300 international guests attended the award ceremony on April 8, 2010 in Vienna’s Liechtenstein Museum.Read more...